Friday, September 18, 2015

House Yeast

Well, since I ended up blending the American Ale and California Ale yeasts in the Keep Ryedyn On, I decided to harvest it as my house brew.

After racking it all into two kegs, 1 half gallon growler, and 1 liter bottle, I added 4 pints of prepared water (see previous post). The water is swirled around a bit to bring the settled yeast back into suspension. Then I was able to pour it off into 6 pint jars.

Such a beautiful sight! I'm not sure how much yeast I will end up with from this. It depends on how thick the slurry was and how much trub was in it. From the look of it, I don't think there was much trub in there. So I'm hoping to keep using this yeast for a long time. Well that is provided the beer it made for me is good, which I have every confidence it will be.

Sláinte!

No comments:

Post a Comment